Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Never Give Up!



I remember years ago watching this game, it was West Catholic Vs East Benson High...West Catholic had this power house of a team and a QB that would become an NFL player. West Catholic stormed the field, since it was a home game my ears blew out from the fans and honestly now, years later even, I believe there still ringing from that game! They (West Catholic) played perfectly all half and by the end of it the score was 27 -0....Everyone knew that East Benson didn't have a chance, heck for that matter most NFL teams wouldn't of had a chance vs West Catholic, they were just that good. I went and had a chili dog and grabbed a soft drink during half, my God it was still so loud there, I talked with a few friends about it and minutes later we were back in our seats awaiting the second half ...West Catholic kicked off to East Benson, Jacob Myers returned the kickoff back for a touchdown, I honestly I believe I heard a guy burp from a mile away it had gotten that quite, E. Benson just scored??!!! Right before my very own eyes the game had changed and when it was all said and done with E. Benson had walked away with a 42 - 27 win!



Never Give Up - Fight!



My own personal story



At the age of 13 I had been told that I may never walk again - Both hips blown out from a high fall.

At the age of 16 I had my second operation on both hips, It had been a success but I was told by my doctor that I would not have full function of them. At the age of 19 I was slam dunking on an NBA Sized basketball hoop and playing against college basketball players, dunking over them.


East Benson didn't have a chance against West Catholic that day but defied the odds & At 13 years of age I was told that I may never walk again but in only a few years later I would wind up dominating my sport.


There may be times in your life that you may hear that you can not, will not do anything but show them that you can, never give up, always believe in yourself and never ever quit dreaming.


Thanks for reading,



Shaun

0 comments:

Post a Comment